If you or anyone you know has suffered from an eating disorder, would you write a short bit about your experiences for a local project? We're working on a local zine to promote eating disorder awareness and truth behind it.
Please e-mail email@example.com, and I'll send you a confidentiality agreement (we will not disclose ANY of your personal information). Here are some questions you can consider when writing about your experiences:
1. How old were you when you first realized you had an eating disorder?
2. How old do you think you were when it first started?
3. Do you think that the modeling/advertising/movie industry had any influence on your attitudes towards food or your body?
4. How did you feel about dieting? How do you feel about diets now?
5. Have you ever sought help for your eating disorder? If so, in what form?
6. Do you idolize any celebrities now? Did you idolize any before or during your eating disorder?
7. Do you know anyone else who has had an eating disorder?
8. Do you have any personal stories about experiences related to your eating disorder that you'd be willing to share?
9. Do you think your eating disorder involved control?
I know this is a very sensitive issue, so I really appreciate your help. <3 ~Kristi